Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Louisville, KY
Providing Professional & Personalized Legal Representation Since 2016
When you or your family can no longer take care of an elderly loved one on your own, nursing homes and assisted living facilities are supposed to provide high-quality care. Unfortunately, residents may be at risk of abuse and neglect by staff members because they are socially isolated from their families.
If your loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect Louisville, you and your family can take legal action against the responsible parties with the help of our legal team at Brownfield Dufour PLLC. We can thoroughly investigate:
- The nursing home or assisted living facility
- Collect and analyze evidence
- And help you maximize your loved one’s entitled damages
How Do You Sue a Nursing Home for Negligence?
Nursing home abuse occurs when elderly residents suffer serious harm or neglect while living in a facility. This could be:
- And emotional
Since many nursing homes lack the resources and oversight necessary to make sure all residents are well taken care of, such facilities are often understaffed and unable to provide quality care. On the other hand, some residents suffer harm from intentional abuse.
Common signs of nursing home abuse and neglect include:
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Lack of hygiene
- Broken or fractured bones
- Unexplained bruising or lacerations
- Sudden or unusual changes in behavior
- Emotionally agitated or upset
- Unexplained financial transactions (i.e., financial abuse)
To succeed in a nursing home abuse lawsuit, you and your attorney must prove that:
- 1: The nursing home had a legal duty to care for your loved one
- 2: The nursing home breached this duty due to harm inflicted on your loved one either through negligence or intentional violent acts
- 3: The harm suffered by your loved one resulted in long-term or permanent injuries.
A lawsuit can be filed against staff members, the nursing home company, and/or another resident.
Let Us Help You & Your Loved One Today
If you believe the standard of care of your loved one’s nursing home or assisted living facility is not being met, we are ready to take legal action against all the responsible parties. Let us help you put a stop to the abuse once and for all.
Call (502) 822-5584 or reach out online to discuss your case with our Louisville nursing home abuse attorneys today.
We Make Ourselves Available
We are available at anytime to speak with you regarding your case, and we will even travel to you or consult over the phone.
No Case Is Too Big or Too Small
Our team works for you and we are willing to take cases even if they seem hard or impossible.
Work Directly With Your Attorneys
At Brownfield Dufour, you have three dedicated attorneys all working towards the success of your case.